MECAL MC302 GEOS-5 aluminium profile machining centre was built in 2014 in Italy. The machine, characterised by high structural rigidity, quality components and a longitudinal working area with a sliding workstation, is used for milling, drilling, threading and cutting profiles made of aluminium alloys, plastics and steel. Thanks to the sliding workstation, the MECAL machining centre can perform machining on a single work area as well as inside 2 separate work areas, resulting in a significant increase in speed and productivity of the manufacturing process.
All 5 axes (X,Y,Z,A,C), driven by motors with digital systems, move on automatically lubricated precision guideways. The clamps holding the workpiece during machining are equipped with an independent power supply system which allows positioning and automatic repositioning of all of the clamps in a very short time. The MECAL GEOS-5 profile milling machine is also equipped with 3D software, providing a high level of programming flexibility and an intuitive graphic interface.
Technical specifications of the MECAL MC302 GEOS-5 machining centre
- number of axes: 5 (X,Y,Z,A,C)
- feed rates in Y/Z axis: 1570/740 mm
- spindle inclination (A axis): ± 120°
- spindle rotation (C axis): ± 210°
- rapid traverse in the X/Y/Z axis: 70/60/40 m/1
- 3D graphics software
- electrospindle maximum rotational speed: 24000 rpm
- tool magazine capacity: 18
- maximum blade diameter: 500 mm
- maximum diameter of side and face milling cutter: 200 mm
- central lubrication
- electrospindle power: 12 kW